Thanks to everyone who was able to stop by for our fall open house. We think this year was our best one yet! The Museum's open house took place on September 20th, here at Pioneer Park. We estimate that around 100 people attended, enjoying music from The Warblers, a great local band, and delicious food from Midnight Sun Catering.
A few 2018 Statistics that board members and curator Pete covered at the open house:
- We were open 118 days this Summer
- We had an estimated 9,500 visitors through our doors (not including Space Adventures participants!)
- Space Adventures, our children's summer program, was a great success
- We hosted the Aviation Explorers Post #747 for one of their meetings
- We contributed to the Delta Junction Civil Air Patrol Glider Program
- and last, but certainly not least, we catalogued over 4,000 items this year!
We are deeply grateful to the Fairbanks and broader aviation community for your ongoing support. We couldn't fulfill our mission of preserving Alaska and Arctic aviation heritage without you!
Thanks to Kris Capps for featuring our open house in your Fairbanks Daily News-Miner column. We're glad you could stop by!