POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for seeing the ongoing collections cataloging
project to completion, as well as rehousing collections objects on an as needed basis.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the guidance of and reports to the Pioneer Air
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Classifies and physically numbers museum artifacts.
- Performs data entry and filing of donor recognition letters, gift forms, catalog records, and other artifact documentation.
- Assists with inventories of collections and reconciliation with artifact records.
- Assists with storage of collections.
- Assists With simple, appropriate cleaning of artifacts.
- Assists with maintenance, security, and upgrades of collections database.
- Retrieves and prepares artifacts and artifact information, conducts artifact~related research, and provides input to staff regarding collection elements for museum needs.
- Museum Studies degree or equivalent experience working in museums
- Interest and/or knowledge of Alaskan aviation history
- Independent museum collections experience required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently once trained
Salary or Range: starting at $15/hour
Learn More: Those interested should send a letter of interest and resume to: Pete Haggland, Curator at email@example.com by May 1, 2019.
Open Date: 4/1/2019
Closing Date: 5/1/2019